When you see commercials on TV for products that claim “you’ll see a more youthful appearance in just weeks,” you may be tempted to fall into the trap, but what if you could turn back the clock with just taking a bite out of some of your favorite grocery items? Dr. David Whiteman always encourages his patients to maintain a pro-active healthy lifestyle and by giving your body the nutrients it needs, you will begin to see a difference in your complexion and according to Huffington Post, these seven foods can help do the trick:
- Berries: Whether you’re grabbing a handful of fresh strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, each contain antioxidants and an excellent source of Vitamin C that promotes healthy cells and help to fight against diseases such as cancer or diabetes.
- Oranges: Packed with Vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system, oranges contain natural anti-oxidants which help eliminate the toxins throughout your body that cause wrinkles, age spots, and dry skin.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain Vitamin C, copper, Biotin, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6 and fiber which are beneficial in diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and improves skin texture. Incorporating foods with vitamin-rich qualities is just as beneficial as maintaining your skincare regimen.
- Carrots: Just one carrot is packed with beta carotene which helps to prevent illnesses, disease and most importantly, aging. The vegetable also contains Vitamin A which gives you a healthy scalp and brings shine to your hair.
- Broccoli: Containing a chemical called “sulforaphane,” broccoli prevents free radicals from causing you to age and also helps to fight cardiovascular disease, joint diseases and diabetes.
- Avocado: Avocados contain biotin which can aide in healthy skin and contain specific amino acids and anti-oxidants that reduce age spots, inflammation and heals injuries. It’s important to remember that allowing yourself to properly heal can maximize your plastic surgery results.
- Plain Low-Fat Greek Yogurt: Yogurt offers calcium and protein, which both aide in bone and muscle building, and also boosts teeth enamel and helps with the appearance of wrinkles.
For patients with more extensive signs of aging desiring more-permanent results, contact us for information on our services. Connect with Dr. Whiteman and his Southern Plastic Surgery family on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more updates on health and wellness and more.