Fat transfer injections have become incredibly popular in recent years. This is largely due to the procedure’s incredible ability to rejuvenate the appearance of the face, breasts, and other areas of the body, using only natural organic materials. This versatility and variety of uses means that fat transfer can be helpful for a very wide range of patients. However, that doesn’t mean everyone. Today, I wanted to discuss fat transfer injections and what makes someone a good candidate to undergo this cosmetic procedure.
Depending on the patient and their specific needs, fat transfer can be used to increase volume and fullness to areas like the cheeks, lips, breasts, or buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift). In order to be considered a good candidate for fat transfer, a patient must meet the following criteria:
- Be in good general health, physically and mentally
- Have enough excess body fat to safely remove and perform fat transfer
- Have a positive outlook and realistic expectations about the procedure and results
- Be above the age of 18
- Not being pregnant or nursing at the time of the procedure
- Be a non-smoker, or quitting in time to safely undergo the procedure and post-surgery recovery period
- A preference for rejuvenation with natural fat instead of materials like facial fillers or breast implants
In the video below, I discuss what patients should know before considering fat transfer injections, including what makes someone a good candidate for the procedure:
When performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, undergoing fat transfer is just another outstanding option for patients who wish to look and feel their best. For more information on fat transfer injections, contact me, Dr. David Whiteman, at Southern Plastic Surgery to schedule your complimentary plastic surgery consultation. You can also follow along with us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok for additional plastic surgery videos, tips, practice updates, and much more.