When you see commercials on TV for products that claim “you’ll see a more youthful appearance in just weeks,” you may be tempted to fall into the trap, but what if you could turn back the clock with just taking a bite out of some of your favorite grocery items? Dr. David Whiteman always encourages his patients to maintain a pro-active healthy lifestyle and by giving your body the nutrients it needs, you will begin to see a difference in your complexion and according to Huffington Post, these seven foods can help do the trick:
- Berries: Whether you’re grabbing a handful of fresh strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, each contain antioxidants and an excellent source of Vitamin C that promotes healthy cells and help to fight against diseases such as cancer or diabetes.
- Oranges: Packed with Vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system, oranges contain natural anti-oxidants which help eliminate the toxins throughout your body that cause wrinkles, age spots, and dry skin.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain Vitamin C, copper, Biotin, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6 and fiber which are beneficial in diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and improves skin texture. Incorporating foods with vitamin-rich qualities is just as beneficial as maintaining your skincare regimen.
- Carrots: Just one carrot is packed with beta carotene which helps to prevent illnesses, disease and most importantly, aging. The vegetable also contains Vitamin A which gives you a healthy scalp and brings shine to your hair.
- Broccoli: Containing a chemical called “sulforaphane,” broccoli prevents free radicals from causing you to age and also helps to fight cardiovascular disease, joint diseases and diabetes.
- Avocado: Avocados contain biotin which can aide in healthy skin and contain specific amino acids and anti-oxidants that reduce age spots, inflammation and heals injuries. It’s important to remember that allowing yourself to properly heal can maximize your plastic surgery results.
- Plain Low-Fat Greek Yogurt: Yogurt offers calcium and protein, which both aide in bone and muscle building, and also boosts teeth enamel and helps with the appearance of wrinkles.
For patients with more extensive signs of aging desiring more-permanent results, contact us for information on our services. Connect with Dr. Whiteman and his Southern Plastic Surgery family on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more updates on health and wellness and more.
After having saline breast implants for 10 years, lasting through two pregnancies, Jenny came to see us for breast revision surgery. She felt her current 400CC saline implants were too large but wasn’t quite decided on whether to have the implants completely removed or replaced altogether.
During her consultation with myself and Beth, my medical assistant, we discussed her experiences with her saline implants (she felt they were too heavy and mobile within the breast cavity) as well as several procedural options. Jenny is a mother of two and after listening to her concerns, we discussed performing combination procedures including breast lift, to address the effects of pregnancy, and liposuction to further contour and reduce the size of her breast. We were confident that Jenny would be pleased with a smaller silicone implant, given her previous implant size, and were very excited about her results.
When we followed up with Jenny she expressed, “I can’t tell you how happy I am that you listened to all of the things that I was unhappy with, gave your recommendations and I listened to them. All of the concerns I had about my saline implants have gone away now that I have the silicone implants and the biggest difference is that I now LITERALLY feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my chest! Recovery was exactly what I expected and I was back to work in five days. If I had to do it all over again, I would see Dr. Whiteman in a heartbeat.”
For more information on any reconstructive and cosmetic procedures that Dr. Whiteman offers, contact our office today. Also stay up to date on the latest plastic surgery news and specials by connecting on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
After having a cosmetic procedure, it is important to take care of your body and allow it to fully recover. Dr. David Whiteman is a firm believer in maintaining a healthy mind and body especially after surgery and often shares with patients that they can do so with eating plenty of fruits, vegetables or making your own delicious recipes that include many beneficial nutrients.
Enjoy this anti-oxidant spinach and berry salad that not only tastes great, but aides in boosting your immune system and improve plastic surgery results.
3 cups of fresh spinach (cut stems)
1 Tbsp of crumbled goat cheese
6 sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup of fresh blueberries
Homemade Organic Raspberry Vinaigrette:
¼ cup of raspberry vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp of honey
½ cup of fresh red raspberries
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
Instructions for salad dressing: First combine raspberry vinegar, honey, and raspberries, then slowly add in extra virgin olive oil and mix together.
By eating foods high in anti-oxidants, protein and other nutrients you’ll boost your metabolism and ultimately improve your overall quality of health keep checking back periodically as we will be sharing more tasty tips in the future. Stay up-to-date with Dr. Whiteman for more healthy recipes, exercise and post-surgery tips and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.