As we say goodbye to 2014, it is that time of year to say hello to our New Year’s Resolutions. While many of us make big promises for the upcoming year, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep these promises to ourselves in the midst of our busy lives. Not unexpectedly, we often forget or give up within the first few weeks, if not sooner. So how do you stick to your 2015 resolutions? Southern Plastic Surgery, P.C. offers the following tips:
- Be realistic!You know what you are and are not capable of. While you may like to push yourself, be aware of what is realistically possible with your other responsibilities.
- Make your goals manageable. You may have big dreams in mind for 2015, but make sure to break up this huge goal into realistic and manageable steps or benchmarks. For example, if you are trying to lose 30 pounds, break it down to working out 5 times a week or losing 8 pounds in the first 2 months.
I understand that maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen is not always easy. If you need that little extra push to jumpstart your healthy lifestyle plan, our in-house NESTA Weight Management Specialist, Jackie Madison is here to help. With the Lifestyle & Weight Management program, Jackie will help coach you through your pre- and post-surgery time period by teaching you how to commit to an active lifestyle, achieve weight loss and weight management goals, provide effective eating habits, manage your time and assist with battling stress.
- Seek support.It is much easier to complete a goal if you have the support of a friend or loved one. They can offer encouragement or give you motivation to keep going. Team up with a buddy and track your progress together, and you will more likely see success. Besides friends, there are tons of mobile apps out there to help you out with tips on how to achieve specific goals while also tracking them.
- Know it is okay to make some mistakes.People who experience a setback in their initial goal have a tendency to just give up and throw the entire goal out of the window. Just because you go on one vacation and spend more money than you should, doesn’t mean you should throw out your resolution to spend less money this year.
- Tell people about it. If you announce your resolution to people other than yourself, you will feel more accountable in fulfilling it. Tell your friends, post it on your blog or Facebook, or join a support group. If you keep your resolution a secret, no one will know if you don’t succeed – giving you less motivation.
- Don’t get discouraged.If 2015 comes around and you haven’t exactly lived up to your own 2014 expectations, use that as a learning experience and try again. You may need a more realistic goal or just some more motivation.
As you know, many New Year’s resolutions have to do with weight loss or looking your best for the upcoming year. At Southern Plastic Surgery, P.C., we offer full cosmetic and surgery services. Whether you want to look and feel younger with cosmetic injectables, wish to feel more confident with a breast augmentation or touch-up areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise with liposuction, I can consult with you on the best treatment plan possible.
If you are interested in any of the cosmetic procedures I perform, please contact us today for a consultation. Be sure to also connect with me, Dr. David Whiteman on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more of the latest plastic surgery trends and news.