Advancements in the field of cosmetic breast surgery, including new surgical techniques, offer patients an abundance of choices for how they wish to address their aesthetic concerns. However, all these choices can sometimes be intimidating for patients who are not sure which procedure option will help them the most. This is why the pre-surgery consultation is so valuable to women considering cosmetic breast surgery.
The first step in determining which procedure is right for you is to fully understand what needs you are trying to address. While breast size is a very common concern, the shape, firmness, and positioning of the breasts are just as important to many women. For these patients, I recommend breast lift surgery. During a breast lift, excess skin is removed and breast tissue is repositioned to help restore a more youthful breast contour. A breast lift can also be used to treat female nipples and areolas that point downward.
Similar to other plastic surgery procedures for the breasts like breast augmentation, breast lift surgery is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Your consultation provides a great opportunity to discuss the specifics of your procedure as well as your expectations and goals to help determine if a breast lift is the right choice for you. To help my patients make the most of their consultation sessions, here are a few questions that I recommend asking at your breast lift consultation:
- What plastic surgery boards and associations do you hold certification?
- How many years experience do you have performing breast lift procedures?
- Can my breast lift be combined with other cosmetic breast procedures?
- Do you have any special techniques for performing breast lifts?
- Could I benefit from using GalaFLEX mesh during my breast lift?
- Will a breast lift affect my ability to breastfeed in the future?
- How much pain or scarring will I experience following my surgery?
- Will I require a hospital stay after my breast lift?
- Can I see before and after pictures of past breast lifts you have performed?
For women who are trying to achieve a more-youthful, perkier breast contour, undergoing a breast lift can be an excellent surgical treatment. When performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, a breast lift can help women turn back the clock and feel more comfortable and satisfied with their overall appearance. If you think that you might be a good candidate for a breast lift, please contact me, Dr. David Whiteman, at Southern Plastic Surgery to schedule a complimentary plastic surgery consultation today. And follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ for more plastic surgery news, tips, videos, and more.