With the time change, temperature shift, and colorful changing of leaves, fall is considered a transitional season that makes most of us want to remain indoors for the long winter ahead. The upcoming holidays are also enticing temptations to detract from our diets. Double board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery with an interest in health and wellness, Dr. David Whiteman reminds patients to remain pro-active about maintaining their healthy lifestyles throughout the seasons. Below are some healthy living tips to help patients through the holiday season:
- Dress in layers: As the weather fluctuates as temperatures often do in Atlanta, it is important to wear layers of wind-shielding clothing. Instead of wearing one heavy jacket, layers allow us to remove or add clothing according to our temperature and better adjust to the weather.
- Don’t ignore skincare: Though temperatures have cooled down, the sun’s damaging UV rays still have the same effects. Protect your skin by regularly applying sunscreen and maintaining your skincare regimen.
- Limit holiday treats: Halloween treats, peppermint, gingerbread, and hearty family meals can all attribute to weight gain during the fall and winter season. While it is okay to indulge every once and a while, be sure to balance your daily intake with healthy snacks spread throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated: Water helps us control appetite and recover from exercise. It also helps us stay healthy through the drying seasons that can cause illnesses.
- Get involved with autumn: Participate in seasonal outdoor activities like pumpkin picking, corn mazes, raking leaves, holiday fun runs, or ice skating. By changing up your exercise routine and including a fun activity, it is easier to stay motivated.
By maintaining a healthy diet, a regular exercise routine, and lifestyle habits, patients will prolong and improve plastic surgery results. If you’re looking to jumpstart a lifestyle change, Jackie Madison, our office administrator, also serves as our in-house certified NESTA lifestyle and weight management coach.
If you’re interested in cosmetic surgery at Southern Plastic Surgery, please contact us to schedule your consultation. Connect with Dr. Whiteman on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for the latest plastic and reconstructive surgery news and information.
Butt augmentation has received added attention as more patients have become interested in enhancing the size and curve of their buttocks. There are many diet and exercise programs dedicated to helping women achieve their ideal shape, but often these cannot achieve the results patients are seeking. Double board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. David Whiteman performs buttock augmentation through a technique known as a Brazilian butt lift. Brazilian butt lifts use fat transfer to harvest unwanted fat from other areas of the body to re-inject to the buttocks.
At the most recent meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), research presented show that women who had undergone buttock augmentation with fat transfer are highly satisfied with no reports of major complications. Buttock augmentation with fat transfer is known colloquially as a Brazilian butt lift. Dr. Whiteman performs this body contouring procedure by first removing unwanted fat through liposuction from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, back, or hips. The fat is then purified and re-injected to the buttocks for natural enhancement. Dr. Whiteman prefers this augmentation technique as it uses the patient’s own fat, significantly decreasing the risk of complication and providing more natural results.
Also in the article, ASPS discusses recent news media covering the rise in illegal buttock injections and reminds patients to always seek an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to perform their surgery. By thoroughly conducting your research and finding a board certified plastic surgeon to explain the procedure and answer your questions, buttock augmentation can be performed safely with long-lasting butt augmentation results.
If you are interested in a Brazilian butt lift or any other cosmetic procedure at Southern Plastic Surgery, P.C., please contact us today for a consultation. Connect with Dr. Whiteman on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more plastic surgery news.
Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Whiteman can be seen featured in this month’s issue of Best Self Magazine along popular cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, including liposuction and tummy tuck. These body contouring procedures can be safely combined for improved cosmetic surgery results. Tummy tuck surgery removes excess skin and fat while retightening abdominal muscles. Liposuction can address other areas of stubborn, unwanted fat on areas including the arms, thighs, flanks, and back.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at (770) 622-9100 with any questions you may have or to schedule your consultation. For more specials and plastic surgery news, follow Southern Plastic Surgery on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.