Another one of our wonderful Facebook fans shared this delicious “healthy recipe!”
- Chicken: 8 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
Preheat grill to medium-hot using both burners.
To prepare chicken, loosen skin from breasts by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine salt and next 4 ingredients (salt through chile powder); rub under loosened skin.
Turn left burner off (leave right burner on). Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill rack over right burner; grill 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Move chicken to grill rack over left burner. Cover and cook 35 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove chicken from grill; discard skin.
To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.
- CALORIES 252 (25% from fat)
- FAT 6.9g (sat 1.3g, mono 1.4g, poly 3.4g)
- PROTEIN 34.4g
- CARBOHYDRATE 10.9g
- FIBER 0.6g
- CHOLESTEROL 91mg
- IRON 1.5mg
- SODIUM 536mg
- CALCIUM 26mg
(As seen on Health.com)
Things You Will Need:
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts(cubed)
- 8 cups water
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 8 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
Boil chicken in water until done. Set meat & broth aside. Toast flour in a large dry skillet, stirring constantly, until deep brown(about the color of a penny). Heat oil in a 4-qt. saucepan & sauté vegetables & garlic until soft. Add toasted flour & mix well. Add broth slowly, mixing well. Add cubed chicken & spices. Cover & simmer on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice & simmer another 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings (about 1 ½ cup per serving).
Weight Watchers Points: 2 per serving
You may also add 1 can diced tomatoes & 1/4tsp red pepper flakes for extra flavor.
May substitute white rice for brown rice, if desired.
Things You Will Need:
- 10 oz. extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (28oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 ea. Zucchini & yellow squash, diced
- 1 (15oz.) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (15oz.) cans fat free reduced sodium beef broth
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (1.25oz.) pkg. dry chili or taco seasoning
Brown turkey & onions. Add remaining ingredients & bring to simmer until veggies are tender(about 20 minutes).
Makes 20 servings, Weight Watchers Points: 1 per serving