It’s been a fantastic year at Southern Plastic Surgery (SPS) and we all have a lot to be thankful for. 2016 brought us new patients and truly inspiring cosmetic and reconstructive surgery results that will hopefully make a difference to our patients for years and years to come. With that in mind, 2017 offers us a new year of possibilities and experiences we can’t wait to discover. But before we fully transition into the new year, let us take a moment to reflect on 2016 and all that the whole SPS and Laser Lights family were able to accomplish:
- As now the sole owner of our Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center, we are now able to provide two centers with one purpose. United together, we embrace the opportunity to serve all of our patients with a wide array of both surgical procedures and nonsurgical cosmetic treatments.
- Thanks to all of you, for the second year in a row I was nominated for the 2016 Best Self Magazine “Best of Atlanta Contest” for Best Plastic Surgeon for my Tummy Tuck procedure.
- On a similar note, we are so proud that our Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center was awarded the 2016 Best Self Magazine award for Best Laser Hair Removal.
- Within the last year, we added a number of new treatments to our menu of cosmetic services for our patients. These nonsurgical treatments provide our patients simple, quick and effective ways to look and feel their best without any necessary downtime for recovery, including Kybella® Nonsurgical Fat Reduction for the double chin and Cellulaze™ Cellulite Treatment. Additionally, Laser Lights added several new cosmetic treatments including SculpSure® Nonsurgical Fat Reduction, platelet-rich plasma treatments, paramedical scar camouflaging, Réjuvapen® microneedling, organic airbrush spray tanning, new skin care treatments and more.
Here’s to wishing for an even bigger and better 2017 for Southern Plastic Surgery and our patients. So from everyone here at Southern Plastic Surgery, we would like to thank you all again and wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. We look forward to seeing you all in 2017! If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more about our procedures or cosmetic treatments, please contact Dr. David Whiteman at Southern Plastic Surgery or Laser Lights for a complimentary consultation today. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for more news and updates.
If you keep up with my blog, you probably know that although I’m a plastic surgeon who offers body contouring procedures like tummy tuck and liposuction, I also try to teach my patients the importance of overall health and wellness. Many people view plastic surgery as a “quick-fix,” but I believe it’s still important to eat healthy and exercise regularly even with this option. In fact, I advise patients to be as close to their goal weight as possible before surgery so they are more likely to obtain the results they’re after. Since getting rid of excess fat is easier said than done, we’ve compiled a list of helpful fat loss tips:
- Start an exercise routine, and don’t be afraid to switch it up – It’s important to work your way into an exercise routine after speaking with a physician about the state of your current health. If you aren’t sure where to start, it may be beneficial to seek the guidance of a personal trainer. Once you’ve gotten started, don’t get discouraged if you get to a point and stop seeing results. Most people eventually hit a plateau with their exercise training, but this doesn’t mean you should stop working out. It means it’s time to vary your exercise routine.
- Eat right – We are all fairly aware of what we should and shouldn’t eat, but we can’t forget that the timing of when and how often we eat makes a difference in our digestion. A study from The New England Journal of Medicine actually showed that eating small meals more frequently throughout the day helps people lose weight because it keeps the metabolism going. It’s also beneficial to digestion to eat slowly and chew each bite thoroughly. Try to prepare food at home and limit eating out, but be sure to make healthy choices when you do eat out.
- Keep a journal – Having trouble pinpointing the cause of your excess weight? Keep a food and exercise journal. Include when, how much, and exactly what you ate and how you felt after you ate it, as well as your daily workouts. It’s hard to deny it if you’re not following the healthy diet you are supposed to be, or if you’re slacking on your workouts when it’s written down. Making note of how you felt after eating certain foods and during workouts can help you determine what makes you feel good and what doesn’t so that you can make necessary adjustments.
- Liquid calories count – Like it or not, many of the beverages we consume contain calories too. Avoid sugary beverages, and choose low- or no-calorie options like coffee, tea, or water as a substitute when you can. In fact, green tea is known for its ability to stimulate the metabolism and facilitate weight loss. Just remember, adding cream and sugar also adds calories.
- Get enough sleep – Too much or too little sleep can be counter-productive to your weight loss efforts. Although everyone is a little different, 7-8 hours of sleep is favorable, while 9 or more may be adverse.
Maintaining health and wellness is not always easy. I see many patients who have been trying to reach their goals on their own, but just need that little extra push plastic surgery can provide to target problem areas. To learn more about your cosmetic surgery options, visit our website or schedule a consultation today. If you need help kick starting your fitness routine or diet plan, I work closely with ACE certified personal trainer Daryl Madison who will be sure to get you on track. For more health and wellness tips, connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
During the month of May, take advantage of breast surgery procedures at Southern Plastic Surgery. Whether you choose a natural-looking breast lift to make your breasts perky again, or choose to increase your breast size with a breast augmentation, our featured procedures can give you that extra boost of confidence to help you feel your best. Additionally, if you choose Natrelle® Gel breast implants and schedule your breast augmentation before June 30th, 2012, you can receive FREE Botox® or FREE Latisse® from Allergan. Schedule a consultation today if you’re interested in learning more about breast surgery. Stay posted to my blog, as well as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more information on specials.