There’s no denying the effects natural aging and gravity can have on the breasts as women mature. Breasts that were once perky and positioned higher on the chest start to stretch and sag as the skin loses elasticity. Combine these events with pregnancy or weight gain and you have even more noticeable physical changes to the body. To correct post-pregnancy concerns, breast procedures that make up the popular mommy makeover have become the go-to game changer for recent mothers. Now, it’s not just about the new moms but it’s also about Grammy! In the grand picture, a Grammy makeover is a combination procedure consisting of face, hand, arm, body contouring and breast procedures. Today, we want to focus on the breast procedures that can be included in your Grammy makeover.
The three main breast procedures included as options in a Grammy makeover are breast augmentation, breast lift and breast reduction. Each procedure has their own specific techniques and results, some can even be combined to further enhance a patient’s results. Let’s take a look at their key features.
- Breast Augmentation…
- increases breast size.
- addresses lost firmness and shrinking size of breasts.
- uses FDA-approved silicone or saline breast implants to augment breasts.
- can be combined with a breast lift.
- Breast Lift…
- addresses sagging breasts that have lost firmness (think drooping breasts and downward pointed nipples).
- removes extra skin and tightens surrounding breast tissue.
- restores a natural shape and proportion by improving the contours of the breasts.
- can be combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction.
- Breast Reduction…
- addresses overly large, heavy-hanging breasts.
- removes extra breast tissue and skin to reshape the breast and position them higher up on the chest.
- does not increase the overall breast size.
- can be combined with a breast lift depending on the size and location of the nipple and areola.
*If you’ve previously had a breast enhancement procedure and want to address any concerns that have changed over time, breast revision is another possible breast procedure that could be performed in conjunction with the aforementioned procedures.
One of the top two reasons patients pick combination procedure like Grammy and mommy makeovers is because it reduces recovery time and ultimately surgical costs. When we put together your surgical plan it includes each procedure that will be performed at the same time versus multiple procedures spread out over a longer period of time. Instead of doing a breast augmentation one day, then a body contouring procedure another month followed by a facial procedure thereafter, we would perform them all simultaneously. When you go home after your Grammy makeover to recover, the next time I see you will be during the highly recommended follow up plastic surgery consultation to make sure all is healing nicely! By also reducing your hospital visits you cut down on surgical fees (anesthesia, hospital stays, etc.) and also reduce the risks of developing infections/complications (these risks come with any type of surgery performed whether your procedure is cosmetic or reconstructive).
Now don’t let the name deter you. Grammy makeovers aren’t just for grandmothers, but any mature woman looking to turn back the clock and look younger from top to bottom. Each woman is unique and the Grammy makeover is 100% customized specifically to treat your most noticeable concerns. My goal is to work with each patient to achieve their desired breast surgery results in as natural of a look as possible. If you’re interested in a Grammy makeover or your breast procedure options at Southern Plastic Surgery, feel free to give us a call at 770-622-9100. Follow me, Dr. David Whiteman, on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for more plastic surgery news and updates.